Monday, March 19, 2012

Kitchen Crowds

We are preparing for the weekend by making six pies together


I did not take pictures at the meetings: there was too much to do! I can say I have made more lemonade this weekend than I ever made in the rest of my life combined. But that was a drop in the rain barrel compared to all of the work there was to do... 
So many people were working together to make the special meetings special. 
 And NOW the chalkboard is put to good use! Last night after the gospel meeting I took these pictures. Uncle Ernie has just finished tweety bird (or what is that thing?). Notice there is a breakfast menu- that was left over from the day before. We had 11 house guests! None are pictured.

 There were some great stories about Uncle Ernie's Dad. (There are a lot of stories about that man.) One was when he was assigned to draw a circle in art and he managed to draw a perfect freehand circle when the teacher wasn't looking. The teacher came over to check his work took a compass and copied the circle perfectly then whacked him over the head for cheating.
Missed getting Uncle Dan in these pictures but he and Marc were "talking shop" in a different part of the house at the time. I've learned that guests gravitate to the big kitchen in this house. The kitchen just seems to be the favorite place to be. This was also the place where I saw my Aunt laugh harder than I think I have ever seen her laugh. I've seen her laugh before, but she really came unglued this time. It was a great evening after a wonderful weekend, but there were two people from Belgium I really missed last night!

1 comment:

  1. What a GREAT kitchen!!! :-) You must be having SO much fun in that house! Looks like a few people I know there. :-) The special meeting day was a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete