Saturday, August 31, 2013

On the Prairies - Road trip part 3

Here is yet another installment of pictures for the Debu Tribune There is the last couple of pictures from the conference... Adin and Callie and Amber play ball... saying goodbye to Adele Denzin... visiting the old Tregarva prairie cemetery. Pretty much everyone who is there I think is going to leave those graves in the rapture, the return of the Lord Jesus for His saints on earth: the evidence of faith is on nearly every stone. I thought about all the time these graves were covered with snow this past winter. The place is so open and sunny now. You can see for miles. We visited the old Craven meeting room which you can see a ways off from Ben and Susan's home.(can you imagine 200 people in there knee to knee on the benches? My grandfather spent a lot of time here at the conferences, although I think the building was moved: this is not the original location. I was so happy to go inside. I have heard my father speak of it often, and I was there as a young person myself, but only briefly. Davy and Peter have high hopes of catching up with the kids who are running for exercise. I was not running that time because of a nasty wasp sting on my ankle. Keeping it still was the only way of coping. It was like the world's worst mosquito bite. The happy home where we were staying the last two nights of our time in Saskatchewan is in the distance. There you had the mirror in which the ladies coming in for meeting in the middle of the last century would most certainly have peeked in to check that their pillbox hats were at just the right angle... and a bird's nest settled happily near the ceiling. Harriet's Garden Brethren dwelling together in unity This wall cloud kept producing quiet little fingers of cloud wisping out the bottom of it, dipping down halfway to the ground. A tornado touched ground 45 minutes west of there that day. This was a really wonderful part of our trip. The hospitality and kindness we received and the time spent with those who really took the time to be with us was a real encouragement and joy. The Lord is good. More later...

1 comment:

  1. I miss the old meeting room! Thank you for these photos! I would have loved to be there.

    ReplyDelete