Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Home again

Thursday in San Francisco I told Marc and the kids, look, let's just stand outside and breathe in the warm California air. Look kids, this is your California vacation right here. That is so surreal: all in the same day with intentions to fly to Chicago, I rode a train across Belgium, got bumped around in the windy air over Germany, got bored out of my mind south of Iceland, was really tossed in the air over Greenland, checked out the ice shelves on Baffin bay, checked out the snow cover levels on the countryside around Regina Saskatchewan, took pictures of the Rocky mountains all dressed in white, saw mount Shasta, the Bay area bridge (everyone else saw the golden gate bridge and I just missed it somehow- bummer- stood outside in 64 degree weather feeling stupid because everyone was in flip flops and I was dressed like an Eskimo... then went home to Redmond! That was all yesterday. I had to explain 4 feature length films to Amber without the audio "mommy why is the guy really sad, is his son dead? I want the robot with the green eyes to win the fight: is the robot with the green eyes going to win the fight? Do I have to finish my chicken? How many more hours until we get there?" Yes, yes, no and only seven darling, we're almost there. 
We crossed the Rocky mountains in like what, seven minutes? It makes you think about those pioneers in the wagon trains. Can you imagine? "747 versus Conestoga wagon..." I mean... Toodleoo, guys.


It's been pretty good with Jet Lag,



We spent the first day home unpacking and spent time at the new house.
Saturday I went with the kids out on the town and then ended up at my parents who took us to eat hamburgers and fries at Wendy's. When I asked Marc what he wanted for his food he said "Lots, and no Pickles!" We took it to him at the new house, and Luke went up the stairs and collapsed at the top of the stairs and was snoring in less than a minute. This was about 7:30 PM

Lord's Day Uncle Gordon and Aunt MJ asked us over for Lunch, and the Gospel meeting was canceled. Aunt Mary Jane and I played some duets on the pianos at her house- it was really fun!

I've been waking up about 4:30 every day, but today I slept in until 5:30.
I've been sick since the 747, and today got Antibiotics.
Ma I'm so sorry I accidentally took the photo SD card- and all the pictures I meant to give you with it.
I'll post some here
Thanks Tante, for the hospitality. (Great picture!)

Thanks Nonkel Luc for the movieeeees

Craentjes

Marc holding little Declercqskes

Nonkel Enters the Modern Age with his first GSM (cell phone)

No WAY! We were bussed to a 747!!!

This was a very loud moment. in front of the running engine

Okay, this trip took forever.
A 747 is like a flying auditorium

The Rocky mountains

It was 18C, 64F in San Francisco!

Then this happened at home.

Some of the time spent at the new house...

Here is the new color for the master bathroom. Now, I think I remember Ma saying she did not like this color, so I hope she still wouldn't mind staying here and using it... 

A lot of the time spent at home. The roads were hard to drive on today! I slid right into the middle of an intersection today when driving in this snow. But the Lord protected us. I had been going slowly anyway, and everyone was stopped and patiently waited until I got out of the way. Marc took his van to the new house today to work there, but since there was so much snow on these hills he left his van behind and walked all the way home (about 2k) in his tennis shoes. He had cold toes, but I made him a couple of toasted sandwiches and hot soup and he put his feet by the fire and was fine in no time. 

The last is Marc and Jamin's Aztec Pyramid. We had enough snow for this! Marc very carefully carved out these steps. First I thought it looked like a wedding cake until he corrected me and said it was Chichen Itza. More snow to come, sounds like. Also, more blog later, more about the new house. 
Bye! You can comment below to say hi if you want to. I'd love to hear from you this way or by email to keep in touch. I'll keep posting pictures.
Love in the Lord  


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update Bonnie! Good to hear from you. ... Must try to update the boys' blogs again, so you get news more often, too!!

    ReplyDelete