Friday, February 17, 2012

EEEEK! --Yay!!

A Truck in our driveway- that's a sight we've seen a lot recently, for various reasons. Carpet delivery, carpet cleaning, appliance delivery/removal, moving, insulation, a bunch of other reasons I am too tired to remember right now...

          But This Truck:
...was in our driveway to deliver pianos! I took Luke with me to the old house and the moving van showed up right away. Three large guys came into the studio and stood over the pianos and crossed their bulky arms and decided we were going to have a little piano recital right there, specifically a little B flat Blues. I was not exactly in the position to refuse. Well, after that Charles said, "Well! Something's gotta happen to ME before I let anything happen to your piano!"

But I was still praying them over the driveway and up the lift to Marc and Bonnie's house we go. At the base of our hill I looked back to see the truck stop at the bottom and my heart sank- I was just imagining pianos falling out the back and soundboards cracking and hammers flying. But I should trust more. Everything went fine. No pianos dropped out the back.

Luke documented this whole post for us with his photographs.
 Taping pads to the floor first...
 In comes the little piano! This one is a breeze compared to the behemoth
See, these guys were big. You don't mess around when Charles says "play." 
(Remember, Luke took these pictures)

 There you are little piano, in your corner!
 James says- No worries man, We got it AAAALLLL under control!
 ARRRGH! I can't watch!
 Yeah, Mommy looks happy, but she's living rigor mortis right now. CALM DOWN!
 A critical moment! Tipping the piano! (mypianomypianomypianomypianomypiano!!)



(Again, remember Luke took these pictures... )

Well, they're IN! SAFE AND SOUND. And I will post pictures of the completed studio when all the books are off the floor and the camera battery is recharged! We got the couch in and the books, but not the bookshelf. I have to teach a whole day tomorrow in a totally disorganized room. I am not sure how that is going to work. I know it's going to SOUND good, but thinking clearly is going to be a challenge. Thank you Lukey for the pictures!!! Thanks to the Lord for the pianos moving in- and moved some of His servants: big strong movers from American Spirit Moving who did a really great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment