Thursday, February 9, 2012

Happy (Backwards) Days

We also found out that the dishwasher is very good for hard-baking leftovers onto stoneware surfaces... So we  made an order for that as well as the oven which is gone now. It's just a big hole in the wall. I don't mean it blew up, I just mean Marc removed it.

Our schedule runs so much later than the rest of the world! I hope any overnight visitors will be OK with rising late and going to bed late because around here 9:00 is the new 6:00. I was explaining to a client yesterday how our day is backwards compared to the rest of the world- Rise late, take a bath, play, practice piano, eat a large warm meal, start working on some school, I go off to work, the kids do lots of school with Daddy, I come home from work and we have a light supper, reading the Bible as a family, then bedtime. That's a backwards day if I ever saw one!

The kids were hugely enjoying Gerald and Piggie books- Mo Willems is a genius- and also Pippi Longstocking. The luxury of going to the library and having a place to park the books helps relieve the stress of the fear of losing them! We've been to the library twice this week already. School is slowly starting back up for us. Clothes are also slowly finding their ways into closets. Mom helped again today!


Insulation was pumped into attics. It was fascinating to watch it speed through the tube. It reminded me of Augustus Gloop Goes Up the Pipe from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. And Amber got some instruction from the Shades and Windows Guy (Uncle Ed).

Today Marc put up the first two coats on the ceiling of the studio. Now I have to pick a color, because he has only one more hour of work to do, then he starts painting walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment